MOUNTAIN BROOK SCHOOLS
Position Title: Teacher
Job Goal: To assist students to learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible members of society.
Reports To: Principal
1. Determines individual and class needs.
2. Establishes objectives and plans learning activities.
3. Implements activities using a variety of techniques that utilize instructional time to meet the objectives.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an appropriate learning atmosphere.
5. Exhibits positive human relations skills.
6. Evaluates the educational program and student progress.
7. Communicates effectively with parents and colleagues.
8. Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
9. Maintains and submits records and reports in a timely manner.
10. Adheres to school system and school rules, regulations and procedures.
11. Engages in personal professional growth and demonstrates professional ethics.
Terms of employment: 189 days annually.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Board policies on evaluation of professional personnel.
Return to Employment Opportunities