Resources for student projects
Please email Ms. Kay if you have additional resources we should add.
- Animoto.com - Animoto for Education site. Create a Video Advertisement from your photos. New way to present short videos for projects or presentations.
- Google Sites - webpages (recent)
- All students have been given a Google school account. This account includes Google Sites - website creation tool.
- To access you log in to the MBS Portal, Click the Google button then Google Sites.
- Link to Introduction Tutorial (youtube) or Link to Introduction Tutorial (on teachertube) and more.....
- Let Ms. Kay know if you have any problems.
- Photostory - Loaded on all MBHS computers and laptops. Easy way to create a video from picutres. Add photos, slides, music, and narration. Free download at home.
- PhotoStory Tutorial
- TIP: 20-25 photos is usually plenty. Resize photos since the larger the photo size, the longer it takes to process the video. Use Fireworks, Photoshop or other resource to resize images.
- Checkout school headsets with microphones to add your own narration.
- Add music behind the scenes with built in choices or import another music files.
- Prezie - The Zooming presentation tool.
- Windows Movie Maker - loaded on all PC computers on campus. You can create a movie by importing video, pictures, audio and music.
- Suggest you make a storyboard of your project first. This is simply creating an outline of what you want inluced. It will help you safe time on your project.
- Watch a quick How To clip
- Additional quick tutorials Windows Movie Maker
- REMEMBER: Movies/Videos can be very large files. Things to think about and plan ahead...
- Files may be too large for your school G: drive while building your project. Watch your file size. Consider saving in Student project drive BUT make a backup just in case.
- Remove unwanted video clips/sounds etc in order to save space.
- When you finish - make sure you save the movie in a file type that plays on ALL computers. Test it on more than one machine so you know it is working before you turn in your project or present.
- Have fun and let me know if you run into problems.