The TROMBONE is the most superior of all the instruments, therefore it is necessary to have an entire page devoted to it. Please use the following links/quotes to further your own understanding of this most unique and special of all instruments.
1. Trombonists from throughout the world perform a song for Japan. Neat YouTube link:
2. Maniacal Trombone Quartet from the University of North Texas. http://www.maniacal4.com/live/
3. The Maniacal Trombone Quartet playing Kansas' "Carry on Wayward Son" on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJaX4ZpfULM
4. A Trombone Poem...
The nastiest fellow I've known,
Smashed his trombone and ruined its tone.
There's a single excuse
For his slush pump abuse,
He was born to be bad to the bone.
5. Carnival of Venice on Trombone:
6. Quote from Mr. Paul Hnizdil (MBJH History Teacher): An orchestra without a trombone is like a jedi without his lightsaber.
7. "I'm not sure why, but trombones make me very uncomfortable."-Sigmund Freud
8. "The only thing that ultimately matters is to eat an ice-cream cone, play a slide trombone, plant a small tree, good God, now you're free." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)