The Mountain Brook schools are located in a picturesque community adjacent to the city of Birmingham with numerous cultural and educational resources located nearby.
Enrollment is approximately 4,500 students served by 500 professional and support staff. All of our schools and classrooms are linked by a communications network. Our focus on professional excellence is reflected in a strong staff development program and, most important, in the quality of our staff itself.
· Mountain Brook City Schools have been recognized by the Alabama Productivity Center as the recipient of the 1998 Alabama Quality Award for the Education Sector.
· Mountain Brook High School, Brookwood Forest Elementary School, Mountain Brook Junior High School, and Crestline Elementary School are recipients of The Blue Ribbon School Award by the U.S. Department of Education Recognition Program.
· NEWSWEEK magazine recognized MBHS as one of the nation's top 100 high schools.
· REDBOOK magazine selected MBHS as one of 155 schools to honor as America's Best High Schools for Overall Excellence.
· Currently about 98% of Mountain Brook students go on to colleges and universities thoughout the U.S.
· Achievement test scores at the elementary and secondary levels rank among the highest in the nation.
· Over 500 MBHS students have been named National Merit Finalists.
· Three Rhodes Scholars have graduated from MBHS.
· MBHS was honored by the College Board's Advanced Placement Program for academic excellence and outstanding support and participation in the AP program.
· In its 40-year history, MBHS has won 122 State Athletic Championships.
Our students, staff, and community are world class.