Welcome to Curriculum and Instruction
The Mountain Brook Board of Education seeks to provide its students with a curriculum which ensures the mastery of knowledge and skill necessary for success in post-secondary study and careers.
- Challenges each student to do the best work of which each is capable
- Allows for individual student differences in needs, abilities, and interests
- Engages students in active learning in which they both acquire knowledge and learn to apply it in meaningful ways
- Enables students to see connections among the academic disciplines
- Enables students to become independent learners
- Is based on sound research and effective practice
- Is supported by high quality, engaging instructional materials
- Enjoys the understanding and support of faculty, parents and community.