Degrees and Certifications:
I am originally from Nashville, TN where I grew up loving all sports and anything outdoors! I played basketball and softball, and was also a part of my high school concert and marching bands. I continued on with my basketball career playing at Martin Methodist College and Freed Hardeman University. Prior to moving to Birmingham, I taught Physical Education and coached basketball, softball, and tennis in Nashville, TN at Lipscomb Academy; while also earning a Masters Degree from Lipscomb University.
Throughout many of the summer months, I have worked in adventure-based programs as a team-building facilitator, wilderness guide, and instructor in outdoor experiential education. During these summers, I have had the opportunity to work with students from all regions of the U.S. as I led a variety of wilderness expeditions throughout Tennessee, Kentucky, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii, and Australia. I absolutely love anything outdoors and traveling, but some of my favorite personal trips have included:
- thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail (from Georgia to Maine)
- thru-hiking the Pacific Crest Trail (from Mexico to Canada)
- backpacking in the Maroon-Bells of Colorado
- backpacking, hiking, and kayaking in the Grand Tetons
- backpacking in the Wind River Range
- hiking in Southern Utah & Northern Arizona (Zion, Bryce, and Grand Canyon National Parks)
- kayaking at the Dry Tortugas
I am married to my husband, Jason, whom I met while thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail and we love living on many acres with our dog Journey, our chickens, and 3 mini-donkeys!
"LIFE IS SHORT. LIVE IT WELL. LOVE THE JOURNEY!"