What is the Seal of Biliteracy?
The Seal of Biliteracy (www.sealofbiliteracy.org) is an award given by a school, district, or county office of education in recognition of students who have studied and attained proficiency in two or more languages by high school graduation. Benefits include:
- Increased admissions and scholarship opportunities
- Higher achievement on college and university language placement tests
- Motivation to progress further in the study of a new language
- Validation of heritage languages
- Clearer description of language proficiency for all stakeholders
- Positive impact on language instruction at all levels
Mountain Brook High School was the second school in the State of Alabama to implement the Seal.
Please visit the pages listed in the navigation bar to the left to learn more about the Seal of Biliteracy in Mountain Brook Schools.