Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Early Childhood and Elementary Education M.Ed. Elementary Education
This is Ms. Sims's seventh year at Brookwood Forest. She feels so lucky to be a part of such an amazing school community. She takes pride in being able to come to school each day to learn and grow right along with her students. She taught kindergarten at BWF for three years and second grade for three years.She is excited to take on a new adventure with first grade. Ms. Sims hopes that when you enter her classroom, you will immediately feel like you are part of her family. Read below to learn more about Ms. Sims!
Top 10 Things You Should Know:
1. Ms. Sims is from Memphis, TN, but Birmingham feels like home!
2. Ms. Sims comes from a big family! She has four sisters and one brother.
3. Ms. Sims has a dog named Blue. She will talk about him a lot this year!
4. Ms. Sims changes her hair quite a bit! She has fun creating hairstyles all on her own.
5. Ms. Sims has a growing love for travel! She has traveled to 3 different countries so far, and she loves learning about different cultures.
6. Ms. Sims loves to read. She loves the Elephant and Piggie series, as well as Judy Moody!
7. She has a slight obsession with Target and Chick-fil-a!
8. Her favorite dessert is Donuts! She loves going to her hometown to get Gibson's Donuts...yum!
9. Ms. Sims is changing her name! In September, she will marry Mr. Gabe and will become Mrs. Smith.
10. Ms. Sims LOVES Brookwood Forest. This school is a family, and she knows there is no better place to be!