MBJH Cheerleading Tryout Information
MBJH CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS 2020-2021
Tryouts for the 7th and 8th Grade Squads will be Monday, June 15th.
- 8th-grade tryouts will be held from 8:30 to 10:30.
- 7th-grade tryouts will be held from 12:00 to 3:00
Registration for cheerleading tryouts is now closed.
The tryout fee is $30 and all payments will be made online. No checks or cash will be accepted. CLICK HERE to pay the tryout fee. Payments should be made by Sunday, June 14th.
On this page, you will find the tryout information, requirements, and forms for the MBJH Cheerleading Tryouts. Please look over the requirements, and expectations, and familiarize yourself with the information. Be sure to complete the Google Form by clicking on the link provided.
If you have questions about anything regarding tryouts please contact Holly Martin at email@example.com. Our MBJH and MBHS cheer staff are privy to all tryout details and are happy to answer any and all questions you may have.
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES:
A "drive-by" uniform fitting will be held on Tuesday, June 16th. 8th grade will start at 9:00 and 7th grade will begin at 11:00. These times are tentative and more information will be provided during the tryout meeting.
If the Governor's plans for reopening the state allow it, cheer camp will be Thursday, July 30th through Saturday, August 1st at MBHS. Attendance at camp is mandatory as this is the time we learn all the new material for the upcoming season.
Best of Luck!
The MBJH Cheerleading Coaching Staff
TRYOUT MEETING INFORMATION
- Both the candidate and the parent should attend the meeting. We encourage you to be on the same device to save bandwidth.
- Enter the meeting with your microphone muted! This is extremely important as it will allow everyone to hear what the coaching staff is sharing. Again, make sure to mute your mic.
- Use the chat feature if you have a question. We will have a member of the coaching staff monitoring the chat throughout the meeting and will ask your question for you. Please limit these questions to those that apply to the entire group.
- If you have a question that pertains to your individual child please contact me via e-mail after the meeting and we can set up an individual call if needed.
- If you end up having technical difficulty send me an e-mail to let me know and we can set up a call to discuss any parts you may have missed.
Step 1: Go to Google Meet by typing in https://meet.google.com or after signing in to Google, select the “Meet” icon in the Google App menu.
Step 2: Click on Join or start a meeting.
Step 3: Enter the nickname/code: cheertryouts8 or cheertryouts7 and click continue.
Step 4: Mute your mic and click on Join now and you are in!
This contract details the responsibilities and expectations of a Mountain Brook Junior High Cheerleader. Upon making the squad, each cheerleader and a parent will sign to affirm that they understand and agree to take on the responsibilities of an MBJH cheerleader, and that they will abide by the rules and expectations set forth in the contract.