These five websites below are my go-to for resources, worksheets, and games.
1. Learn Zillion: This video-based website teaches math concepts in short, student-centered lessons. You can search a concept and watch different videos that will teach you and your child how to understand math ideas and strategies. The videos are very child friendly! Recommended for 2nd grade and up.
2. K-5 Math Teaching Resources: I love this website! It's full of games and activities for each math standard that allow you and your child to better understand different topics being taught in the classroom. There are different categories to choose from: number sense, geometry, and measurement and data. Click on the activity or game that will help practice different mathematical concepts. Recommended for Kindergarten through 5th grade.
3. Khan Academy: Khan Academy focuses on interactive videos and practice exercises that support your child’s learning at her own pace. The activities are simple enough for your child to do on her own but also challenging enough to push her to learn more. Recommended for Kindergarten and up.
4. NCTM Illuminations: This site is an incredible resource for teachers, parents, and students. There are lessons, interactive games, and brainteasers that are all helpful with homework and extra practice at home. Recommended for PreK and up.
5. K 5 Learning: K 5 Learning is a wonderful parent-support for math help at home. It offers online support and numerous printable worksheets to support you and your child’s learning at home. There are even parent progress reports if you chose to assess your child’s progress. Recommended for Kindergarten through 5th grade.
Keep these resources on hand when math homework starts to get tricky. They can be a great support to both you and your child!