Preschool Enrollment for 2020-2021
for Referral for Special Education Services or Role Model Application
Mountain Brook Preschool Program was developed to provide opportunities for children with disabilities to receive instruction and services in a typical preschool classroom that includes peer role models.
To Apply for the 2021-2022 School Year
For children with disabilities:
Step 1 - If you believe your child needs to be evaluated for special education services, contact Cory Morris, Administrative Assistant to the Special Education Department at 205-414-3836 BEFORE COMPLETING ONLINE FORMS.
Step 2 - Once you talk with Cory Morris, complete the online forms HERE.
Step 3 - Bring proof of residency in the school district (warranty deed or lease agreement), child's social security card (voluntary), child's birth certificate or other proof of age, and most recent immunization form to the Board of Education office at 32 Vine Street, Mountain Brook, Alabama 35213 (please call 205-871-4608 for business hours).
All steps must be completed before testing.
For peer role models:
To complete the Peer Role Model application, contact Cory Morris at Mountain Brook Board of Education, 32 Vine Street, Mountain Brook, Alabama 35213.
Role models are accepted based on program needs. If accepted, bring residency documentation, child's social security card (voluntary), child's birth certificate or other proof of age, and most recent immunization form to the Board of Education office.
**All steps in the enrollment process must be completed before children may attend preschool, be tested or receive services.
- Parent's Photo ID
Proof of Residency:
- Property/Warranty Deed, Signed, or
- Current and Complete Leasing Agreement, with all necessary information and signatures
- AND most current utility bill
- IF APPLICABLE, custody agreement or court-appointed legal guardian documentation in cases of parental separation, divorce, or other custody scenarios
Other documents to bring:
- Child's Social Security Card (voluntary). If no Social Security card or number is provided, an alternate number will be assigned.
- Birth Certificate or other proof of age, and
- Most current Certificate of Immunization (Original Blue Form)