Where can my student access Wi-Fi for Online Learning?
- The Emmet O’Neal Library provides computer access for students. Please check their website for availablity.
- If Internet accessibility is a concern for any Mountain Brook student, parents should contact the student’s teacher for other arrangements. We will accommodate families with specific needs.
What devices can students use for Online Learning?
- Online Learning can be accessed using an iPad, Chromebook, Mac, or PC.
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Students 4-12 have a device checked out to them for school and home use.
- Student logins for MBS students have been sent via email to parents.
- In emergency situations, K-3 students have an assigned device at school that can be checked out to them.
How will my student access their online assignments?
- All students will sign in through Classlink/MBS Portal to access their online learning in Schoology.
- All students have had at-school and at-home practice accessing online learning.
- Teachers have given detailed instruction regarding how to access and use all tools and skills needed for the online learning.
Need additional assistance?
- If your student has trouble accessing their online learning, try the following:
- Classlink Tips for Students at Home for Chromebook or Computer
- Elementary Chromebooks (information)
- Review this video made by our former director: Getting Ready for eDay Video
- Schoology on Demand
- If your student still has trouble, contact your student's classroom teacher first, then your school's admininstrator or technology coordinator.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding Online Learning.