How do I, as a parent, sign in to the MBS Portal (Classlink)?
ClassLink is the MBS Portal. Parents and guardians may access using their MBS network username which is the same as their Chalkable username.
- PowerSchool is our attendance and grading software. Click the link inside ClassLink for PowerSchool. Click the PowerSchool icon to open the software.
- Schoology is the learning management system for students in grades K-12. Click the Schoology icon inside ClassLink, and you should see a class tile for courses your student is enrolled in. The Calendar is designed to merge all assignments into one location. If you are missing a classroom tile, please contact the teacher.
1. Navigate to the MBS Webpage.
2. In the accordion on the right side of the webpage, under For Parents, select MBS Portal (Classlink).
* Which internet browser are you using?
* Chrome is the preferred browser.
* Apple products must use another browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Mozilla.
* Safari is not a supported browser with Classlink.
3. Sign in with the login credentials that were emailed to you. Each MBS parent received an email at the beginning of the year with instructions and login information. Your username and password are based on your Chalkable username.
*If you do not know your MBS Portal (Classlink) login information, you can request your login information by emailing email@example.com. In the email, include your name, your student's name, and your student's school.
In addition to being able to access Classlink via our webpage, you can download an app to your mobile device from which you can access these items as well. Below is the information for the app
1. Download the app for Apple or Google based on your mobile device by searching for MBS Schools (in the Apple App Store) or Mountain Brook Schools (in Google Play).
2. Log into the app using the same information you currently use to access the MBS Portal (ClassLink)
3. Calendar icon – if it is blank, click the gear in the upper right corner and select the calendars you would like to view.
4. Directory icon – provides information for the Board of Education and each school. You will notice Staff and Teacher links are available which includes schedules.
5. Click the ClassLink icon. If you do not already have this on your cell phone, you will be asked to download. ClassLink icon provides quick access to the MBS Portal including Schoology, PowerSchool and more. There will be a one time sign-in.
6. The PowerSchool icon inside the ClassLink will may require your PowerSchool username and the password you have set up.
7. Student Info icon – Login using your MBS Portal (Classlink) information. This area provides access to posted 9-weeks grades and more.
- If you would like to receive text message alerts, click the Student Info icon, Click Your Name icon. Click Edit in the upper right corner of Account Info.
- Then click Add New to add your cell phone number to the TEXT/SMS NUMBERS --just type the numbers, no dashes, starting with area code. A “Delivery Preferences” window appears. Just click Done.