Since 1992, the Board of Education has had a strategic plan that is reviewed and updated annually. Early strategic plan goals have become cultural practices. Our cultural practices are as follows:
- Develop and implement an effective, challenging, and engaging curriculum which promotes the highest level of academic excellence and personal growth for each student.
- Ensure that each individual is prepared to become a independent, lifelong learner.
- Effectively integrate the use of technology into all instructional and support programs.
- Assist our students in gaining admission into the college of their choice.
- Promote an environment free of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- Provide a climate that recognizes diversity and encourages respect for all persons.
- Recruit, hire, and retain the most effective personnel.
- Design, implement, and support an exemplary professional development program for all staff.
- Design, implement, and support an exemplary performance evaluation program for all staff.
- Empower all staff as leaders, enhancing site-based and shared decision-making.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with parents, students, community, and school personnel.
- Effectively interface with governments at all levels.
- Secure financial resources necessary to achieve our goals and use the best management information practices to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Build, operate, and maintain facilities which will accommodate all programs and curricula of the school system.