Digital Literacy and Computer Science Curriculum Strand: Citizens of a Digital Culture
2020-21 : All lessons within the grade level's Common Sense Media Unit will be taught by during the first 9 weeks with help from STEM helper and themes can be revisited throughout the school year. NOTE: If you can't remember your educator login to Common Sense Media, click "Sign in With Google".
Don't forget to send home the Family Tip Sheet for each lesson via their parent contact group email.
Teachers - sign in here for your lessons from the New Digital Citizenship Curriculum (All resources created in Google Apps & easily shared in Google Classroom) (Lesson Plan guide, Intro Video, Google Presentation, Student Handout, Lesson Quiz & Take Home Resources all found at the lesson links below.)
- K: Media Balance is Important, Pause for People, Safety in My Online Neighborhood
- 1: Pause & Think, How Technology Makes You Feel, Internet Traffic Light
- 2: We Digital Citizens, Device Free Moments, That's Private, Digital Trails, Who is Your Online Community, Putting a Stop to Online Meanness, Let's Give Credit
- 3: Rings of Responsibility, Password Power Up, This is Me, Our Digital Citizenship Pledge, The Power of Words, Is Seeing Believing?
- 4: My Media Choices, Private &Personal Information, Our Online Tracks, Keeping Games Fun & Friendly, Super Digital Citizen, A Creator's Rights & Responsibilities
- 5: Finding My Media Balance, You Won't Believe This!, Beyond Gender Stereotypes, Digital Friendships, What's Cyberbullying?, Reading News Online
- 6: Finding Balance in a Digital World, Don't Feed the PHish, Who are You Online?, Chatting Safety Online, Digital Drama Unplugged, Finding Credible News
Additional Resources for Grade Level & Special Teachers:
- Digital Passport 3rd-5th, Educator's Guide
- Classroom Videos
- Curriculum Framework (Themes) Found in All Units:
Privacy & Security
Digital Footprint & Reputation
Self-Image & Identity
Creative Credit & Copyright
Relationships & Communication
Cyberbullying & Digital Drama
- Be Internet Awesome Interland , Google's iKeepSafe Be Internet Awesome Curriculum
- NetSmartz Lesson Plans, Presentations, Videos
- Brainpop Digital Citizenship
- BrainpopJr Internet Safety
New teachers need to do steps 1-5 to create an account, complete the tutorial & review lessons.
- Go to https://www.commonsensemedia.org/ and create your free account (Become a member) so that you have a login to the site.
- Sign in. You will see your name in upper right of website when you are signed in.
- Complete the PD tutorial for your grade level. https://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/training (You must be signed in to the site in order to do the PD tutorial.)