Tips and Tricks with the New Staff Chromebooks for using Camera in apps like Flipgrid, Screencastify, etc.
Make sure your Chrome is updated
Check for Chromebook OS updates:
- Turn on your Chromebook.
- Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS.
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
- Select Check for updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
Check and make sure your camera is working
Check Camera on Chromebook:
In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher .
Open Camera . If you don’t see it, type Camera in searchbox.
Then, on the right side, choose an option:
Select Photo Take photo .
Select Video Start recording .
Select Square Take photo .
- Go to Google Chrome – login to Flipgrid or Screencastify. Make sure you allow access to camera and microphone.
If it doesn’t work Clear your Cache with the information below:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Try again and see if it works.