MBS Kindergarten Enrollment opens Jan. 25
Mountain Brook Schools Kindergarten Enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year is set to begin at the end of January.
STEP 1: To enroll a child in kindergarten, first create an online student account. Beginning Jan. 25, an account can be created at www.mtnbrook.k12.al.us. There, parents can enter their child's demographic information as instructed. They will also be able to pay for kindergarten items such as supplies and field trips. The online process must be completed first before attending an on-site event to complete the process.
STEP 2: Enrollment will be on-site* at each Mountain Brook elementary school on the following dates:
Brookwood Forest Elementary – Thursday, Feb. 4
Cherokee Bend Elementary – Wednesday, Feb. 10
Mountain Brook Elementary – Thursday, Feb. 18
Crestline Elementary – Wednesday, Feb. 24
At the on-site event, parents will verify residency and complete the enrollment process.
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Proof of Residency, such as Property Deed, Closing Disclosure, or current signed Lease Agreement AND the most recent utility (power, gas, or water) bill for the residence in the name of the parent enrolling. (If siblings are currently enrolled in Mtn. Brook Schools and the family residence has not changed, proof of residency is NOT required.)
- Child’s Social Security Card (voluntary). If you do not have a social security number or elect not to provide it, an internal number will be assigned.
- Certified Birth Certificate (or other proof of age).
- Certificate of Immunization (Original form you currently have even if your child is not 5 yet.) You can send an updated form after your child turns 5.
Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 2, 2021. For more information, call Cyndi Griffin at the Mountain Brook Board of Education office at 205-871-4608.
* PLEASE NOTE: On-site enrollment is subject to change to a virtual format. Check the Mountain Brook district website (www.mtnbrook.k12.al.us) for updates.