Student Council Information:
CES Student Council Opportunities and Expectations:
- Serve as a student leader- leadership and service go hand in hand
- Serve as a good example to peers and younger students at CES (no one is perfect, but we focus on personal growth as a leader)
- Encourage community service and awareness with Brookville Elementary
- Spread school spirit and awareness with our school motto: Cougar STRONG and monthly character traits
- Serve our school in the capacity of helping with special events like giving tours to new students or prospective families, helping clean up after CES Fall Festival and cheering on our Special Olympic athletes from CES.
When does student council meet:
Typically once a month: either on a Wednesday after or before school. Sometimes, we might have a brief working session during lunch or AO. During Nov. and Dec., we often meet more than once due to the heavy workload of the Holiday Helpers Service Project for Brookville Elementary.
If you are already plugged in to various activites, sports, groups or clubs, please do not feel obligated to apply for student council. All students can be leaders whether on student council or not.
We love that our CES students are involved inside and outside of school. Please only apply if you feel you have the extra time to attend and contribute.
Can we add new service projects or components to student council throughout the year?
While we welcome new ideas from students, parents and teachers, we do have to remain focused on the projects we've committed to for the upcoming year. Student Council is operated, planned and organized 100% outside of school hours. While we would love to include more opportunities and grow the team, this is 100% volunteer and we try to keep the events and group size manageable. We try to protect instructional time for the students and protect our responsibilities for the job role as school counselors.
*4th- 6th graders interested in applying, please click the link below. When you finish the application, click on submit and your information will be received electronically. (application process is now closed)
**Helpful Hints: the email address(s) you put on the application for your parent(s)/caregiver(s) is important. We will send updates to the email address you listed.
- Wed. Sept. 28th Online Applications Available
- Friday, Oct. 7th Online Applications Due -closes at midnight- no late or paper applications will be accepted
- Tues. Oct. 11th send notification via email that you listed on the application of who was and who was not selected for the group interview round
- Thurs. Oct. 13th selected students will participate in a brief group interview round during the school day
- Friday Oct. 14th New 2022-2023 Student Council announced on our school counselor webpage at 3 pm
- Wed. Oct. 19th - 2:50 until 3:40 (right after school) Orientation for New Student Council- Camp Cougar at CES
Tips for Parents and Students:
Take on an attitude of having a growth mindset when applying:
- I can do hard things- hooray for taking that next step to try something new. Answer the questions on the application to the best of your ability.
- Just be YOU: we want to hear from you. While your parents and friends have good ideas, we want to hear your voice in the application.
- Way to put Cougar STRONG into action- by completing this application, you are practicing so many aspects of our motto- never give up, grow...this is great practice as you will continue to try out and apply for things in your future.
- We are proud of you- whether you are selected as a student council representative or not, this is a growing and learning process. Give yourself a pat on the back.
- YOU are still YOU- YOU matter at CES- whether you make it or not, you are still considered a leader and valuable voice at CES. This doesn't change who you are.
Student Council Sponsors:School Counselors:
Mrs. Fry- Brookville Elementary Community Service Coordinator
Mrs. Treadwell- Student Council Coordinator