MBHS Teacher Recommendation Process
Teacher Recommendation Form
- Pick up a yellow Teacher Recommendation Form in the college advising office.
- Ask your teacher if he or she is willing to write a recommendation for you and have the teacher sign the form.
- Return the form to the college advising office.
Completing the Application
- Apply to the college and use Scoir to notify the college advising office. Application should be submitted to college at least 3 weeks before the college’s deadline.
- If you are using the Common Application, then include your teacher’s name only in the ‘Recommenders’ portion. Do not include their email address. Teachers will complete recommendations via Scoir.
For additional assistance, click here for Scoir’s guide to completing recommenders section of the Common App. Guide is also available on the College Advising page.
After submitting application and notifying the college advisors …
College advisors will:
- Contact the teacher(s) who agreed to write a recommendation.
- The teacher will upload your recommendation in Scoir. If necessary, your college advisor will write the Counselor Recommendation. She will complete the required forms and submit your materials (including letters of recommendation) electronically.