Mountain Brook High School is a three-year public high school located on 25 acres of land in the city of Mountain Brook, a residential suburb of Birmingham, Alabama. The campus is one mile off Interstate 459 at the Liberty Park exit. Mountain Brook High School has a student population of 1004 served by a faculty and staff of 115. The city of Mountain Brook has approximately 20,000 residents, 4000 of whom are students in the Mountain Brook City Schools.
Since its founding in 1966, Mountain Brook High School has maintained a reputation for academic excellence, being recognized for the nationally prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award during two school years, 1983-84 and 1992-93. Additional honors for MBHS include these:
- Selected by REDBOOK magazine as one of 155 schools named America’s Best High Schools for Overall Excellence
- Recognized by NEWSWEEK magazine as one of the nation’s Top 100 High Schools
- Recognized by THE WASHINGTON POST as one of America's Top High Schools
- Honored by The College Board’s AP Program for the academic excellence and outstanding support and participation in the Advanced Placement Program.
- Graduated three Rhodes Scholars and one Fulbright Scholar.
- PTA School of Excellence
Mountain Brook High School has also established a tradition of athletic distinction, winning more state athletic championships (122) than any other public school in the state of Alabama.
Hours: Monday---Friday, 7:55 A.M. – 3:19 P.M.
School Colors: Green and Gold
School Mascot: Spartan
Philip Holley, Principal (email@example.com)
Mountain Brook High School
3650 Bethune Drive
Mountain Brook, AL 35223
Phone: (205) 414-3800
FAX: (205) 969-8113