ACT stands for American College Testing. Here are a few things to know about it:
· Norm-referenced test taken in grades 11 and 12. This is also state-mandated and given to every 11th grade student in the spring of each school year.
· Compares individuals and groups with a national norming group
· Assesses student ability in English usage, reading (social studies, science, art/literature), mathematics usage, and science reasoning
· Used to compare student performance with similar schools/school systems (socio-economic, size, etc.)
· Used to plan college selection