Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q.  I did not receive an email with the link to my child’s data.  What should I do?

    A.  Look in your junk and spam mail first.  If not, call  205-877-8304 or email Technology  and she will resend your child’s email.

    Q.  Can I verify all of my children’s data from one email?

    A.  No.  Each student has a unique snapcode; therefore, there will be a separate email for each student.

    Q.  What happens if I do not verify, update and submit my child/children’s information?

    A.  Every student’s information must be verified, updated and submitted.  Everything else for registration hinges on the data verification, such as scheduling, emergency contacts, alerts,health information and technology access.

    Q. What phone numbers will be called with school and weather alerts?

    A. The first and second custodial parent/guardian contact numbers and email addresses in iNOW/Chalkable are used for all alerts, including school notifications, weather and other emergency alerts. 

    Q.  If I have moved during the school year or summer, how can I change my child’s address?

     A.  If a change of address is needed, the new address can be entered.  BUT, based on Board policy, the parent will need to bring documentation of the new address to the Board office to re-establish residency and change the address permanently.  The student’s address will not be changed in iNOW until new residency documentation has been provided.

    Q.  If my child’s health information has not changed, do I still need to do the online verification process?

    A.  Yes.  Due to the  Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), no health information will carry over from one year to the next and must be re-entered each year.

    Q.  If none of my child’s information changed, do I still need to do the online verification process?

    A.  Yes.  In addition to the Health Information needed, there are several agreement questions that must be answered each year for your child’s health and safety, technology access and participation in instructional programs.

    Q.  How does the FERPA Directory Information Agreement affect the PTO Directory information?

    A.  It doesn’t, because directory information gathered by the school system is separate from the directory information gathered by PTO’s.  You have the right to opt out of having your child’s name shared or published in school publications, either in print or online.   It is important to note that if you OPT OUT, your child’s name will not appear in ANY school publication.  Publicly, it will seem as though the child does not exist in the school.              

    You also have the right to opt out of PTO directory information by choosing the option to NOT provide that information to the PTO when it is requested.                                                                                                               

    Q.  Once I have completed the data verification process and submitted it, where do I go next?

    A.  Click on the link to continue the process.  This will take you back to the district page for step #2.

    Click on the school link for the school the child will attend for next year.

    Q.  I am having difficulty accessing or making a payment online.  What do I do?

    A.   Email the bookkeeper at the school your child will attend.

                  BWF-Christy Durban

                  CB- Darlene Cole

                  CES-Denise Henry                        

                  MBE-Adam Craiger

                  JH-Janice Jordan

                  HS-Margaret Weems


    Q.  I do not want to pay online.  What do I do? 

    A.  For elementary, pay in person at your local school by cash or check.  No payments can be made online for the JH and  HS. Those payments will be accepted at onsite registration before school starts.

    Q.  Can I pay with a credit or debit card?

    A. Yes, for online payments only.  There is no additional fee.

    Q.  Can I pay for all of my children at the same time?

    A.   Each child’s student ID is required for payment;  therefore payments must be done separately.

    Q.  Can I pay for my Junior High and/or High School student now instead of at onsite registration?

    A.  No.  Payment will only be accepted at the onsite registration before school starts.