MBJH Peer Helper Selection Process:
Students who are interested in applying to be a Peer Helper may obtain an application from the Counselors' Office. The application and selection process starts at the beginning of the new school year.
Applications must be completed and submitted for consideration by the assigned deadline. No late applications will be accepted.
A selection committee comprised of Teachers, Counselors and Administrators review the applications as well as teacher feedback and recommendations before selecting Peer Helpers.
The Peer Helper selection process is guided by the following criteria:
- “Demonstration of appropriate helping characteristics and skills.
- Evidence of emotional security/stability.
- Understanding of the type(s) of services to be provided.
- Commitment to and availability for the provision of those services.
- Ability to be reflective of and sensitive to the characteristics of the population to be served.
- Demonstration of the ability to follow through over time.” (NAPPP ©2010)
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATIONThe Mountain Brook School system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in any of its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Dr. Dale Wisely—Director of Student Services; Dr. Susan Cole—Personnel Director; Dr. Missy Brooks—Director of Instruction; Mrs. Shannon Mundy—Special Education Director (Section 504) Contact Information: 32 Vine Street, Mountain Brook, AL 35213, 205-871-4608