LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR STUDENTSJ-1
Students are the first concern of the Mountain Brook Schools and must receive the primary attention of the Board and all staff members. Each student shall be considered and treated with respect as an individual. To this end, the Board and staff shall work together to establish an environment conducive to the very best learning for each student through achievement of the following goals:
1. To provide an appropriate learning program for each student according to his or her specific background, capabilities, learning styles, interests, and aspirations.
2. To protect and observe the legal rights of students.
3. To enhance the self-image of each student through helping him or her feel respected and worthy, and through a learning environment which provides positive encouragement through frequent success.
4. To provide an environment in which students can learn personal and civic responsibility for their actions through meaningful experiences as school citizens.
5. To deal with students in matters of discipline in a just and constructive manner.
6. To provide in every way feasible for the safety, health, and welfare of students.
7. To promote faithful attendance and a good work ethic.
Adopted: January 22, 1979
Revised: March 14, 2005