It is the policy of the Mountain Brook Board of Education that a current Alabama Certificate of Immunization for the prevention of diseases designated by the State Health Officer as required for school entrance be provided to the school before a student can be enrolled in the Mountain Brook School District. A current Alabama Certificate of Immunization will include any of the following:
§ State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization (Blue Slip). For this form to be considered valid, it must have the following:
- An expiration date (month, day, and year). This date should be the date the next required vaccine is due including Td boosters.
- Dates of all prior vaccines received.
- Signature or stamp of the physician or clinic location issuing the certificate.
§ Temporary State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization.
A temporary certificate with a 30-day expiration date may be issued if the child’s previous immunization dates are not readily available. This form may be obtained from the local health department or the student’s private medical provider.
§ State of Alabama Certificate of Religious Exemption From Immunization.
- County Health Departments are the only locations where an Alabama Certificate of Religious Exemption may be obtained.
- The County Health Department stamp, the date issued, and the signature of the clinic staff member who provides the religious exemption should be documented on the form.
Students enrolled shall maintain a current Certificate of Immunization. If there is a problem with obtaining immunization records or getting an appointment for immunizations by a student already enrolled in the school system, a temporary form (which allows the student to remain in school for 30 days) should be obtained from the local health department or private medical provider.
All documentation concerning immunizations from the local health department or private medical provider should be provided on original forms approved by the Alabama Department of Public Health.The original immunization form may be returned to students withdrawing from the school system provided a copy is maintained with the student’s permanent record.
Adopted: January 22, 1979
Revised: June 11, 2001