The Facilities Director, Tommy Prewitt, is responsible for facility management and maintenance of all school and administrative facilities. There are 24 buildings with 850,000 square feet of floor space at six campus locations sitting on 170 acres of property. He also represents the school system at meetings with various City commissions, planning groups, and community groups relating to school facilities or grounds.
The Director has seven people assigned and is organized around the following functions:
- Preventive, scheduled and emergency maintenance for facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Monitor contract services for landscape maintenance.
- Manage minor and major construction and repair projects performed by outside contractors.
Environmental Health and Safety:
- Assure ongoing compliance with federal and state regulations and policies. These areas include American Disabilities Act accessibility and special needs, asbestos management, lead monitoring, recycling, and indoor air quality.
- Long-range planning for capital replacement of major physical components (roof, etc.)