Mountain Brook High School Mission Statement
mission of Mountain Brook High School is to provide a learning
environment that encourages each individual to reach his or her
potential intellectually, physically, creatively and emotionally.
Mountain Brook High School Belief Statements
- Faculty and staff members are highly trained, well-educated professionals who are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence.
- Our learning environment promotes high expectations and clear goals which guide curriculum.
oral and written communications between parents, students, community
members and school personnel are effective and efficient, reflecting
trust and mutual respect.
members, parents, students, administrators, faculty and staff share in
the responsibility for making decisions that support the learning
environment within our school.
become innovative and creative risk takers when provided with learning
opportunities in which these skills are supported by a nurturing
- Each student is a respected member of our student body.
- Our highest priority is that each student achieves his or her potential.
- Student assessment is directly connected to student learning.
need challenging opportunities to prepare them for postsecondary
institutions or whatever they do following high school.
- Students need an awareness of their individual roles in the global community.
- The lives of students gain both balance and enhanced meaning through volunteer experiences in the community at large.
- Our school aids student in the development of positive character traits which lead to integrity.
educational program involves the community through athletic, cultural,
and academic events, which results in the enrichment, enjoyment and use
of school facilities.
- The prevalence of addictive substances threatens students’ physical and academic lives, as well as their future endeavors.