Welcome to 5th Grade Math!
The 5th grade math curriculum, Investigations, is organized into eight units of study focused on: Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Number and Operations in Base Ten, Number and Operations – Fractions, Measurement and Data, and Geometry.
An integral component of our study are the eight Standards for Mathematical Practice
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.