Phone: 205-414-3800 x7608
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S., M.A. in Ed., Ed.S., University of Alabama at Birmingham Outstanding Secondary Education Student 1980, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Education Dean's Award 1980, AP Calculus Reader, National Board of Professional Teaching Standards certification 2001 (renewed in 2011 and 2021), USA Today All-USA Teacher Team 2001, RadioShack National Teacher Award 2001, Mountain Brook School System and District VI Secondary Teacher of the Year 2002, Presidential Award of Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching 2002, Ann Pritchard Award for Teaching Excellence 2008, INTEL Science Talent Search Teacher of Merit 2009, "Village Living" Best Teacher 2014, Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Joseph B. Whitehead Educator of Distinction Award 2019
The summer project is required for both classes of students. AB and BC Calculus students will be tested on it implicitly beginning with the test on Section B and throughout the school year.
- Be sure to read the directions carefully and print the sufficient graph paper needed for the appropriate parts.
- Be sure that you have a College Board approved calculator. The list is also on my web page.
- Your test calendar (School Week Calendar) and daily assignments (Daily Baby Pages) are ready for your perusal and printing. There are both AB and BC versions of each.
- There is a form (Personal Information) that needs to be printed, completed, and brought the first day of school OR during your get acquainted meeting with me (if that occurs before the first day of school).
- You will need a binder for Baby (your workbook) (at least a 3” binder) the first day of school.