A special election will be held on September 24, 2019, for the purpose of voting on a proposed 10 mill ad valorem tax increase exclusively for the educational system in the City of Mountain Brook, Alabama. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
1. Written application to vote absentee generally must be presented to the city on or before Friday, September 20, 2019
2. The City cannot accept multiple applications mailed in one envelope
3. Absentee ballots that are not witnessed or notarized shall not be opened or counted
4. Affidavit envelopes shall not be opened if the affidavit printed thereon is unsigned by the voter, and no ballot envelop or ballot therein may be removed or counted
5. Absentee ballots may be returned up to and including the day of the election. No absentee ballot shall be opened or counted if received by the absentee election manager by mail, unless postmarked as of the date prior to the day of the election and received by noon of the election day. Absentee ballots may be returned by hand delivery if delivered to the absentee election manager no later than the close of business on the day prior to the election. Ballots delivered by the medical emergency designee may be returned by noon on election day.