Creating an Individual Apple iTunes Account
1. If you have previously logged in on an existing iTunes account, go to the App Store on your iPad. Click the Featured Link at the bottom of the App Store screen. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and if you are signed in to the App Store on an existing iTunes account, sign out.
3. Click to install the free app.
4. The App Store will prompt you to sign in using an existing account OR to create a new account.
5. Choose to create a new account.
6. Enter the required information and follow on-screen prompts to set up your credit-cardless account.
a. Be sure to use your school email account: your last name first firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Your password has to have a capital letter and a symbol and has to be at least 8 characters. Be sure to note your password as you are the only one who knows it. You will have to type it in EVERY time you download an app, so it is VERY important that you record this password and remember it.
Note-if the App Store will not let you use your school email because it already exists, then at some point, you set up an iTunes account with this school email, and you may have forgotten the password. You can get the App Store to email you the password so you can reset it. If you enter the password incorrectly 3 times, it will ask you Forget Your Password? And you can click the Get Password button and have it emailed to your school email address so that you can reset it to what you want it to be.
c. You will have to agree to terms and conditions. Scroll down the page and Agree at the bottom of the agreement.
d. You will be sure to choose None as the payment option so it will be a credit-cardless account. (We can’t use our school credit card with iTunes. We can’t purchase an iTunes gift card with our school credit card.)
e. You will have to set up security questions.
f. When you go to download the free app, you will be prompted to set up more information. You can use your name and your school address if you want since this is a school iTunes account.
g. You will have to verify your account by going to your school email.
Congratulations, you have set up your school
Teacher credit-cardless, iTunes account that is tied to your school email.
8. You can download free apps through the App Store.