Getting Started - Teacher Dashboard
How to preview a student's file.
- Find the file's listing in the student's panel.
- Roll your mouse over the file's name.
How to open a student's file.
- Find the file's listing in the student's panel or Google Drive folder.
- Click the file's title.
How to open a student's folder in Google Drive.
- Click the folder icon on the student's panel.
How to open a student's Teacher Notes (Individual Learning Plan).
- Click the Teacher Notes button on the student's panel.
How to email an individual student.
- Click the email icon on the student's panel.
- Compose your email in the screen that opens.
- Click Send.
How to assign a student to color groups.
- Click the Edit Student button in the top right corner of a student panel.
- Check the boxes for any color groups the student should be in.
- Click the circular x button in the top right of the student panel.
How to change how many files are shown in student panels.
- Click the number-of-items drop-down menu in your dashboard's top right corner.
- Select your desired number of items.
How to sort student panels by students' names.
- Click the Sort By button in the toolbar on the left side of your dashboard.
- Click the Select Sort Order drop-down menu.
- Select your preferred sort order:
- First Name (A-Z)
- Last Name (A-Z)
How to reorder student panels by clicking-and-dragging.
- Roll your mouse over a student's name.
- Click the student's panel and drag it in front of or behind another panel.
How to search for students' documents.
- Roll your mouse over the magnifying glass in the top right corner of your dashboard.
- Select the type of search you would like to perform.
- Title search: Returns any documents that have a given string of text in their titles.
- Full-text search: Returns any documents that have a given string of text anywhere in the document.
- Type the text you would like to search for in the text box.
- Press the Enter key or click the magnifying glass.