Weekly Band Announcements: MBJH Band Performs this Thursday!
Posted by JAMES ROGERS on 9/23/2018 5:30:00 PM
This Thursday the MBJH Band will perform at the MBJH vs. Clay MS Football Game. The students are beyond excited to cheer our spartans to victory this thursday. There is a lot of information included in this email about Thursday and uniform sizing. Please read the following announcements closely. Here are the announcements for the week:
- MBJH Band Football Game Performance: Our first performance at a MBJH Football Game is this Thursday, September 27th. The MBJH band will perform for the 2nd half of the 7th grade game and the 8th grade game. Here is the basic information
- When: Thursday, September 27th. Call time for full band is 5:30pm. The Tuba section and percussion section will need to meet me at 5:00pm at the MBHS band room to get instruments. The end of the game may vary but I anticipate it ending between 8:30-9:00. I will send out a remind text when we start the 4th quarter.
- Where: Mountain Brook High School Football Stadium
- Dress: 2018-2019 Band T-Shirt, Shorts, Tennis Shoes
- What to Bring: Instrument, flip folder, Lyre, $ for concessions.
- Tuba and Percussion sections will not need to bring instruments we will use HS equipment. Tuba and Percussion students should meet Mr. Rogers at the HS band room no later than 5:00pm.
- If you would like chick-fil-a sandwich please notify Mr.Rogers in class by Tuesday so he can inform the concession stand. Students will need money for concessions.
- Uniform Fitting has been scheduled for Tuesday, October 9th during band class. A representative from Southern Performances will be at MBJH on this day to size our students and to provide them with uniform garments to try on. Students will also need to purchase their uniform on this day. Dresses will cost $76, Tuxedo pants and shirt will cost $44.25. Make all check payable to: Southern Performances. If you are unable to be sized on October 9th please send your sizing information and payment prior to October 9th. If there are any questions or concerns please email ASAP.
- Potential Jazz Gig! The MBJH Jazz Band has been invited to perform at the Arlington Open House on the morning of Saturday, December 8th. I am still looking into the logistics of this performance but wanted to double check parent/student availability. If your child is in Jazz Band and you are unable to be their on December 8th please send me an email.
- Sign Up for Remind: As we start regular performances with the MBJH band our band remind group will be used heavily to notify parents when events are ending and to remind students about proper uniform. Be sure to sign up for remind by texting @mbjhband to 81010.
Have a great week.
James M. Rogers