Weekly Band Announcement: Last Announcements of the Fall
Posted by JAMES ROGERS on 12/9/2018 1:00:00 PM
Parents and Students,
This will be the last weekly announcement of the Fall Semester. This Semester has absolutely flown by! The Junior High Band has accomplished so much and had some absolutely stellar performances. I can not wait to see what the MBJH band is able to achieve in the Spring. Thank you all for a wonderful semester and I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Here are the announcements for the week:
- Full Study AO This Week: Each day this week will be full study AO in the band room. Students are expected to bring something to class that they can work on quietly. Students are welcome to work in groups or practice, however they must receive approval from a band director. The goal of Full Study AO is to prepare for exams starting Friday.
- Band Exam Period Friday: The Holiday Concert is considered the semester exam for all Band Students. Therefore students are not required to attend the band exam period this Friday. However, Myself, Mr.Smith and Mrs. Beck will be present in the JH band room during our exam time. If you would like to stop by the band room for a private lesson, to pass-off, or to just have a quiet-ish place to study all band students are welcome.
Here are our spring announcements:
- Spring Band Trip: INTENT FORM DUE THIS THURSDAY The MBJH Band is going to Nashville! This years band trip will be March 15-17 to Music City! The complete trip packet was given to students Thursday and is on the band webpage. This trip is not required. Please take note of all due dates. Our Nashville trip should be a wonderful opportunity to make memories of a lifetime while also getting a glimpse into the life of a professional musician. Our trip will include seeing the Nashville Symphony and performing in front of the historic Opryland Theater. If you have any questions about the trip please feel free to contact me.
- Leadership Council: We will be creating the first Mountain Brook Junior High Band Leadership Council. This council will serve three main purposes. First to provide input and suggestions to me and the other band directors about the direction and activities of the band program. Second to provide a welcoming and helpful support system for all of our band students. Thirdly to help those in the council develop effective leadership skills. Students were given a leadership application/packet today. Our application process takes a different approach than your average school application. It is designed to challenge the students and help them learn about themselves as a leader.
- National Board Certification: FORM DUE THIS THURSDAY This year I am excited to start the process to become a National Board Certified Teacher. Part of the requirements of National Board Certification is that I provide videos of my teaching practices. Due to this there is a strong possibility that your child will be featured in the media submitted. With that being said it is up to each students and parent to decide whether they are ok with me using their videos as I strive to achieve this certification. If I have your permission to include your child in my submissions please complete the National Board Form I sent home with your child Thursday or on the band webpage. It is my hope to have all forms turned in before the Christmas Holiday. Attached to the form is a letter that National Boards ask I send to make this request. Due to its length I chose to summarize the request above but please feel free to read in more detail