Google Meet (Hangouts)
Google Hangouts / Meet Updates and Canvas Integration
Google Meets is the new name for Google Hangouts. Schools have also been upgraded to the Enterprise version of this resource. Also, it now easily integrates into Canvas. Google has allowed some upgrades during this time:
• New - only the creator of the meeting, usually the teacher, can mute or remove people from the meeting.
• New - when the last person leaves the meeting, the meeting is now closed and cannot be re-entered. This is good to insure conversations are closed as intended.
• Enterprise edition allows you to record your meetings for future student review. Saves auto to Google Drive and you can embed or link in Canvas or other LMS.
• Enterprise edition allows up to 250 participants. Very helpful for Cross Listed Canvas Courses.
• Integrates with Canvas
- You can quickly add a Google Meet to Canvas.
- You simply type the name of the meeting, enter, and good to go.
- See this quick guide for adding as Canvas Announcement, as part of a Module, or a Calendar Event